Monday, October 7, 2013

Chicken Roast In Andhra Style


                                         It was a bright Saturday morning . My kids were at home as their school remains closed at Saturday .I was sipping in my coffee mug & chatting with them . My baby girl said " mom what will we have today for dinner ? " Now this is a question I often have to answer to my little angles. I promised her that I will come up with a new chicken recipe for them . As chicken is their Favorited . To make some thing new with chicken I started searching web & suddenly got this one . This is a recipe from Andhra Pradesh . It is a kabab type recipe but we don't need oven for it . In the evening when I served this to my kids their reaction was overwhelming . So here is the recipe of this wonderful dish for u all. 


Ingredients

  • Big Chicken piece (preferably drumsticks ) 
  •  2 onion 
  • 15 to 20 Garlic pods 
  • 1 inch Ginger 
  • 4 Dry Red chilly 
  • 2 Green chilly 
  • 30 currry leaves
  • Juice of 2 lime 
  • 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilly powder (optional)
  • 1/2 tbsp turmeric
  • Rice flour 
  • Oil to fry 
  • Salt to taste 
 
Grind all the ingredients to a fine paste except the oil 
& rice flour and few curry leaves  .

Now marinate the chicken pieces with the paste but before that you need to give cuts on the chicken pieces .
Be particular to marinate the chicken even between the cuts .
Now keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.  

After removing it form the refrigeration add the rice flour to the marinated chicken and mix well. And now shallow fry them along with the remaining curry leaves  .
Once the chicken pieces are golden brown remove them from the oil and serve them with green salad & lime .




No comments:

Post a Comment